J

J

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Day at Disneyland

Some of Joel's family was in town this last week and part of their vacation was going to Disneyland for a couple of days.  We weren't going to go originally but decided that it would be our Valentine's Day present to each other.  And I'm glad we went because it was really fun!

I was more into the rides and Joel was more into the ... details.  He took Oskar to Mickey's house and they got to meet him twice, once as normal Mickey and once as the Sorcerer's Apprentice.  Normally the line to see him is pretty long but we went on a slower day and it was only a 10 minute wait.  We also saw Goofy and Daisy but didn't stop to take pictures with them.  Alice walked by us and told Oskar he needed more sugar.  I was kind of offended.  As if I need random people on the street giving me their opinion about how he's too small!

Oskar got sick the day after Disneyland and I'm pretty sure this is why.  

Almost his size!

I think Oskar wasn't too sure about this Mickey.

Even babies at Disneyland get to go on a lot of rides.  We went on a lot of the kid rides, Dumbo, Snow White, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Winnie the Pooh, etc. and even some not as kid friendly like Pirates of the Caribbean.  Both Peter Pan and Pirates have portions of the ride where you have a drop and Oskar didn't really like it.  He held on to me really tightly and kind of whined but never cried.  

Hail, King Oskar.

There were people who stopped and watched Oskar try to pull out the sword because he's so gosh darn cute.

This was on the Dumbo ride.  Oskar put his mouth on the lever in this one too.  I swear I try to stop him but he's so fast!

Dave, Lisa, and Chris went on Indiana Jones first and then the plan was to have them watch the kids so we could go with our spouses.  The other group went first and ended up getting stuck on the ride twice!  And when they finally got through it, the ride was closed down.  So we thought we weren't going to be able to ride it, but they opened it back up shortly after.   Joel was holding my hand REALLY tight the entire way so I think he was a little scared.

We got to go on some adult rides too, Indiana Jones, the Matterhorn, and Space Mountain.  Apparently the line for Space Mountain is always REALLY long but we were super lucky and only had to wait in line for maybe 5 minutes, and that was without fast passes!  It was my first time on this ride and I loved it!

On the Peter Pan ride

And the carousel 

Joel and three of his brothers



Posted by Picasa

No comments: