J

J

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Oskar's 5th Birthday

I was looking back at some early posts on this blog and realized I need to do a better job documenting things because it's basically journaling and if I don't do it I'll forget everything.  So we'll see how it goes.

Around Oskar's 5th birthday Portland/Vancouver and much of Oregon got an unprecedented amount of snowfall!  The Northwest is not equipped to deal with this kind of snow and ice so the roads were so terrible and nearly unusable for weeks.  This was around when I was 37-38 weeks pregnant and I was so scared I was going into labor and have to call an ambulance to drive me to the hospital.  I guess that's one good reason that I went overdue, by the time I finally went into labor the snow had been gone for a week or two.

This is the view from the front window out to the cul-de-sac.  You can see in the distance the garbage and recycling bins, the snow was about halfway up them.  It was so deep!

Oskar and Ivy had a few good days of playing in the snow.

For Oskar's birthday he requested that we go bowling and go to Chuck E. Cheese.  We had a coupon for a local bowling alley so we went bowling in the morning.  They also gave the birthday boy a giant ice cream sundae.  Naturally I ate most of it and it was huge and delicious.

Oskar and Joel bowled and I think Joel only beat Oskar by a few points.  It wasn't a good day for him.

In the evening we went to Chuck E. Cheese and invited some friends along with us.  


And then we went home and had dinner and birthday cake.  This year Oskar requested a Bumblebee cake and I did my very best (with Joel's help).




No comments: