J

J

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Heartbeat

Joel and I finally went to the midwife today and we got to hear the baby's heart beating!! It was soo amazing! The midwife said everything looked good and it definitely IS okay to sleep on my stomach. She was asking about family illnesses and I think she was impressed at what a healthy family we have. So in exactly four more weeks we go back in to get an ultrasound to see if it's a boy or a girl. I feel like it's a boy. I want a girl but I still feel like it's a boy, so it probably is. Either way it's pretty awesome!!

7 comments:

Keri said...

YAYYYY! I love the first time you hear your baby's heartbeat. It's so amazing. Makes me puddly just thinking about it. and just 4 more weeks til you find out the gender? I can't wait!

Kelsey said...

Congrats! The heart beat is really reassuring...it's nice to know that even though you don't feel anything, there's still a little life in there! It's going to be a long 4 weeks...I'm so excited for you to find out!

Ruth McKimson said...

Now you don't have to figure out what could be causing this "condition" . . . . it really is a baby!!!! Hooray for babies!!!

Unknown said...

That was a heart-beat? I thought it was punching the inside of you--that's why we decided to name it Rocky. Hooray for boxing babies!

Unknown said...

Too soon?

Maren B said...

You're right, it has to be a boy so the boy-girl Brinkerhoff grandbaby ratio can remain even.
Sorry, it just has to be.
PS the word verification to post this comment is "sporki."

Ruth McKimson said...

Maren, was that a suggestion for a name perhaps? . . . . Sporki . . . it has a nice ring to it. I often notice that the word verification "words" are awesome.