J

J

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween '13


I'd been thinking about Halloween a lot prior to the holiday because I love dressing up and I wanted to figure out a fun family costume.  But I couldn't think of anything!  So the week before Halloween but the week of our Trunk-or-Treat party I just made a list of all the redheaded characters I could think of in film and literature.  I came up with the following:

Little Orphan Annie and Daddy Warbucks (Joel wouldn't wear a bald cap)
Scully and Mulder (Joel didn't think people would know who we were)
Giselle and Prince Edward (Joel didn't want to spend money on a good costume)
Jessica Rabbit and ??? (I will never dress up as Jessica Rabbit)
Variations of Ariel and Prince Eric

We ended on Ariel and Prince Eric and since the easiest and cheapest version of her is when she first got legs, that's the one we went with.

Oskar was a baseball player because we didn't have enough time to make a Sebastian or Flounder costume for him.

On the real Halloween we went trick-or-treating with our good friends who have a 5 year old daughter.  She was in an amazing Mary Poppins costume and Oskar was her chimney sweep.  Oskar went up to each house and said, "I want candy," which, I promise, we didn't teach him and tried to grab two handfuls of candy.  Halloween was good to me this year.  
 

He enjoys climbing and reading.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ruth McKimson said...

In the picture of Ariel and Oscar, is Oskar crying? I couldn't tell, but it looks like it. Maybe he's mad cuz he didn't get to dress up as Flounder. Porbabycito.